Things are finally starting to fall into place. We had a bit of a snafu today when I found out that the Sarcoma Clinic would be closed for three days after I arrived, but I expressed this concern to my Patient Advocate and she was able to convince the doctor to move some of my appointments around. So now I have blood work and a CT Scan on July 2, an appointment with my Sarcoma doctor on July 3, and I can go home after that. This is very exciting news. It does not mean I will not have to go back; they may want to see me regularly. Then again they may not. It will really depend on this particular doctor and what he wants to do. (In case you are wondering, the new doctor is Dr. P.)
The hope, obviously, is that he will examine me, give me a treatment regimen, and send me home to start, then monitor me along the way. But I have to be prepared for anything. If he wants to put me in a clinical trial, I will need to seriously consider it, pray about it, and discuss it with my husband so we can make the best long-term decision for our family. It’s extremely difficult when you are factoring in a young child, but I have faith that we will be able to handle whatever is thrown our way.